I'm SO sorry to have left you for nearly a week with a post about a feather duster. I mean, that's akin to torture. I do not retract my praise for said duster; on the contrary, it has been a source of endless delight in the cleaning department since it arrived on my doorstep last week. Regardless, I apologize for not having updated this a little sooner! (Also, posting has become difficult due to my skittish internet as of late.)
SO today I'm thinking a little bit about SKILLZ. Uh huh, that's spelled right. You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... That's the only line we ever quote (in this household) from Napoleon Dynamite; we only saw it once but that line cracks me up.
Anyway in RS today we were talking about being prepared & provident living. This is not a boring topic by any stretch. For one thing, I am quite interested in things like Food Storage/Year's Supply, but aside from that, we were talking about things like "What would you do/how would you handle it if the breadwinner in your household were to get laid off/die/become seriously ill/etc?"
One lady commented that each of us, even the SAHM's (stay-at-home-mom's) have some skills; something we can/could do to earn money should the need arise. That got me thinking, what exactly are my skills? (Okay, so I'm done spelling it with a Z) I know I've got 'em; we all do!! Have you ever thought about this?
SO today I'm thinking a little bit about SKILLZ. Uh huh, that's spelled right. You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... That's the only line we ever quote (in this household) from Napoleon Dynamite; we only saw it once but that line cracks me up.
Anyway in RS today we were talking about being prepared & provident living. This is not a boring topic by any stretch. For one thing, I am quite interested in things like Food Storage/Year's Supply, but aside from that, we were talking about things like "What would you do/how would you handle it if the breadwinner in your household were to get laid off/die/become seriously ill/etc?"
One lady commented that each of us, even the SAHM's (stay-at-home-mom's) have some skills; something we can/could do to earn money should the need arise. That got me thinking, what exactly are my skills? (Okay, so I'm done spelling it with a Z) I know I've got 'em; we all do!! Have you ever thought about this?
I'd have to come up with SOME way to support myself and these four turkeys:
It's interesting to think about; to look inside yourself and find those skillz.

6 comments:
I thought it was about time for a new post! I think you already know some of your skills. I'm the one who needs to figure that one out....
By the way, you may want to correct your spelling of SAHM.
So, I can think of several of your skillz, but I'm dying to know the ones you came up with.
We also had the Provident Living lesson in my RS on Sunday (duh, I guess everyone did), and I definitely needed to hear it. Ours focused almost exclusively on money--staying out of debt, saving and investing. Since all of Beverly Hills and Bel Aire are in my ward, my wardmates are some of the wealthiest people in the country. I thought none of them would have a financial care in the world. Yet it was so interesting to hear lots of these women tell stories of the tight budgets and discount shopping and overall financial prudence that got them to where they are today. It was a thought-provoking lesson for me and I'm glad to hear it was for you, too.
Well, since I have a son that won't go to nursery by himself and now have a calling in the primary presidency; I haven't heard a RS lesson in quite some time. It sounds like it was a great one. Sara, I was waiting for you to rattle off some of your skills, you left me hangin'! I would certainly hope that my degree could get me some sort of a job, but whenever I tell people I graduated in Human Development and Family Studies they always say "so what would you do with that?" My answer to that is always "be a mom!" Maybe it's time I dig a little deeper into some of my other skills!
Thanks for the typo correction; how embarrassing! After I posted this last night, I had to edit it to correct a couple other typos but I didn't catch that one. Apparently spelling & grammar aren't my two best skillz...
Professional Cake Decorator
Chef
Piano Teacher
Document Scanner
Professional Singer
Market Analysis
SKZ&J Co-President
Professional Seamstress/Halloween costume maker
Food Storage Specialist
Math Tutor
Music Composer
And that is just the beginning of YOUR list!
Those are sure funny Jame. Professional singer? Seamstress? Ha! :) I think piano teacher & math tutor are the most realistic. I could do cakes but I think I could make more $$ per hour by doing the others. But thanks for all the great ideas!
Post a Comment