I'm in the primary presidency of our ward and a few times lately our chorister has been out of town and I have filled in for her. It's a fun time of year to sub for singing time because the Primary Program is behind us, and we can spend the rest of the year having fun singing without the pressure of learning all the Program songs. (For the record, I think the kids have fun all year 'round; it's only the chorister that feels the pressure!)
Anyway a couple weeks ago I made these fall leaves out of cardstock and taped them onto bamboo skewers. I taught the kids the song "It's Autumn Time" and they did actions with their leaves. Once they had the words and actions learned well (which took no time at all; easy song!) we had a little parade around the room, singing & waving our leaves around. It was pretty fun. Here's the song & actions:
It's autumn time, it's autumn time (wave leaf back n' forth over head)
The leaves are falling down (gradually lower leaf down)
It's autumn time, it's autumn time (same as beginning)
It's all around the town (keep leaf up and turn around in a circle).
It's autumn time, it's autumn time (same as beginning)
It's yellow, red, and brown (when your color is said, raise your leaf high)
It's autumn time, it's autum time (same as beginning)
Bright colors can be found (wave them around like crazy).
Pretty simple right? Even the big kids thought it was fun, especially when we did the "parade" around the room.

2 comments:
Fun! I will pass this along. How come I've NEVER heard of this song?
Good stuff! I'm in the primary presidency too but I've been the Primary Chorister 5 times!!! So it's bound to come my way again:) I'm going to remember this! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment