I have been every bit as emotionally involved in this campaign season as I was in '08... but back then I was blogging about it all the time. I have spared you this year :) I am, still, a big Mitt Romney fan and I knew when he dropped out in '08 that he'd run again in '12 and that he would do better this time. I was so right! (I was right about a few other things too, like the fact that McCain would be our nominee that year and that Obama would crush him in the general.)
Anyway I'm thrilled that Romney will be the Republican nominee this time around (not officially yet but it's only a matter of time... and a few more delegates). He came to Arizona a few times leading up to our primary and I went to one of the rallies! My first political rally!
I brought my grandma with me and we had a good time.
1. Being a candidate would be SUCH A PAIN! Constant travel, giving nearly the same stump speech multiple times a day, nothing but hotel rooms and plane and bus rides. It just goes to show how much these guys are willing to go through to be President.
2. The signs everyone was holding up at the rally were mostly not homemade & brought in by ralliers. They were all painted by campaign volunteers and then distributed on the way in; that's why they all looked the same.
3. The Secret Service is SERIOUS! We weren't allowed to bring in folding chairs (so we had to stand for 45 minutes... which my 87-yr-old grandmother wasn't thrilled about!), or camera bags, or big cameras, or purses... only cell phones and small, out-of-the-case cameras. There was a secret service guy standing right by us for part of the time and I wanted to get a close-up picture of his ear piece (with the little spiral cord that goes from the back of their ear down their neck) but I was too intimidated to take a picture of him.
The reason I want Mitt Romney to be our next President is because he will do the best job and he will really help our country.
The kids want him to be our next President because one time, two years ago, they got to shake his hand when they saw him at church in San Diego... and they think it would be pretty cool to say that they shook hands with our president!
The kids want him to be our next President because one time, two years ago, they got to shake his hand when they saw him at church in San Diego... and they think it would be pretty cool to say that they shook hands with our president!

No comments:
Post a Comment