School starts on Wednesday, so we spent this afternoon at Pamma's for lunch and one final summer swim with some of the cousins.
It has been a nice summer. We're ready for school to start, but I will miss the kids being around. At least, sometimes. This year, Noah and Molly will be in 3rd and 1st grade, all day. Zoe and Lucy will be in their 2nd year of preschool, Mon/Wed/Fri from 9-11:30am. I will help at preschool one morning a week, leaving TWO WHOLE MORNINGS EVERY WEEK where I am absolutely unencumbered! That will be fun, although I'm sure most of the time will be spent grocery shopping, visiting teaching, etc. and not taking trips to the spa or the movies :) Still, it will be nice.
Farewell, summer of 2008!

9 comments:
Very cute pictures! I love Pete's face as Noah gives him some lovin'! What great fun all of your kids have together. WOW...2 days with a few hours of no kids...whatever will you do with yourself, lol! Mom's are busy even when their kids are away. What will you do when all of them are gone all day? Christopher starts kindergarten on Monday and he will be gone from 7:35-4:20 (school is from 8:40-3:30) because he will be bussed. I know it's rediculous, but I am already starting to feel a little of the empty nest...
Love your blog!
We still have a couple more weeks of till school starts. I'm not getting any alone time this year. :)
The kids all look so cute.
gee whiz, i thought the 11th was early for school to start, but tomorrow! i can't believe summer is already over.
Gosh, those are some cute kids. That Pamma is a lucky lady...she gets to smooch and squeeze on all those darling grandkids.
I'm just glad school didn't start in July, like when we were in Chandler district. I hope Gilbert's isn't any earlier next year; last year it was Aug. 8th and this year Aug. 6th... I'm not liking the trend.
Yeah, I heard that Chandler started last Monday! What in the world? I don't think they are getting out May 1st or anything. Remember when we would start at then END of August? Adding one week of fall break doesn't add up to starting 3 weeks early. I just don't get it.
CUTE PICTURES!
After you left yesterday, I was putting away the towels from the last swim of the summer. Yikes, I thoght, the last swim of the summer on August 4th! Crazy!
But Jamie-- Chandler gets a 2 week fall break and a 2 week spring break. It all evens out.
It's so hot in August anyway... it's nice that they get out earlier in May than they used to.
The summer certainly flew by, though.
You will love your free mornings. Maybe one day I can take your girls for a play date and you can get enough time to go to the temple or something!
Post a Comment