Sunday, September 14, 2008

Attacked!

We went to a really awesome, super fun family party for cute Paige's first birthday yesterday! There was swimming, Mexican food, cornhole, presents, homemade ice cream, cupcakes from Sprinkles, a pinata, and the seriously cutest cupcake-themed decorations ever.

Unfortunately, there were some party-crashers, the effects of whom we are all feeling today.

The total mosquito bites in my household is 35 - no wait - 39 (keep finding more since I first posted).


Poor Zoe is the winner with 17; she must be tasty.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

What's the deal with bugs this year? All the foreclosed homes and unattended swimming pools? Global warming? Geesh!

Laurie said...

Poor kids!

But I'm glad you have a new post. The last one about how much you gained with twins left me so depressed I wasn't sure we could be friends anymore. :)

The Armenta Family said...

Yes, this mosquito thing is really dragging our family down. It's pratically deterring my kids from playing outside at all. Last night they helped Javier's bro Carlos do a little yard work in exchange for some swim time with him (we were at the ASU game, watching them lose to UNLV and they were being babysat by Julia). Anyway, Marley has about the same number as poor Zoe. I finally put my thinking cap on today and when they wanted to go outside this afternoon, I sprayed bug repellant on them, which still only worked okay because Marley got 2 more bites on her arm...ugh. I'm glad you guys had a fun time at Paige's 1st birthday. There are officially no babies in your family until Crew's arrival in Jan!

Melanie said...

Oh man, I feel her pain. I was only out for an hour last night visiting with neighbors and probably tie Zoe for obnoxious number of bites. Yikes.

Tara said...

Poor little Zoe! My little Lucy looks the same way.

LilMisfit said...

So I used OFF just minutes after going outside last night and I still have a dozen or so bites! What the heck!?

Kate said...

I KNOW! I have at least 15. And Zoze and I were sprayed with OFF at the same time. Poor thing! No wonder she was freaking out about the ant. She was actually being attacked by mosquitos.
Thanks for the kind words about the party. It was pretty fun!

sara said...

I think it's possible that the OFF Dad was spraying on everyone was long expired and therefore ineffective; did you see how old that container looked? Could have been the problem.

The Coombs' said...

It's a darn good thing your kids don't swell up like Gabe. Can you imagine Zoe's legs if they did...she'd look like she had elephantitus!!