One day a couple weeks ago I had a whole list of chores for my kids to do (and me too); trying to get some things done before we left town and hoping to avoid having to do a bunch of chores on Saturday. The kids are more willing to work when there's the potential of a reward. It really was a longer-than-usual list of chores, and that combined with the fact that we haven't taken nearly as many "fun outings" as I'd wanted to do this summer, I decided to make the reward a good one. But, a SURPRISE.
The kids like surprises okay, but I came up with this little plan which worked beautifully in keeping them motivated to do their chores QUICKLY. After each completed task, they would come to me and get one piece of paper with a letter on it, and when they were finished they worked together to figure out the solution:
Having them get one letter at a time (mixed up) was a really fun way to keep them on task; I will definitely use this method again!
coming soon... Utah trip pictures!

4 comments:
REALLY good idea!
You're so creative. Love the idea! I've have to stash that one away for next summer...
You are Buh-Rilliant!
Seriously, I'll never be as creative with my kids as you are!
Post a Comment