November 16, 2008 - January 16, 2009
We love you and miss you; you were a great puppy.
My sweet Molly is taking it the hardest and is home from school this morning; the other kids went to school this morning without too many tears. Noah's words of farewell to Juno were, "Good bye Juno; I'll see you in about a hundred years!" I can always count on Noah for comic relief!

19 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry! She was such a cute dog. I can completely understand Molly's feelings. When my dog died I cried all day long. At work. I was 19.
oh no. i'm so sorry.
So sad. Molly is tender-hearted. I'll be thinking of you guys.
Oh, my gosh...I was totally shocked to see this post. I'll bet you guys are all pretty bummed. Do they know what was wrong with her? Man, I'm so sorry! Give Molly a big hug from her aunt Emily.
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I know what you are going through and give Molly a big hug from me. Yay for letting stay home. It took us all weekend to be able to talk without crying when we lost Gizmo. I hope you can find another awesome dog!
OK, Julie Jan was me. I forgot I was still signed into my sister's account. I had to help her change her background!
I'm so sorry, Sare. What a sad post! Hurry and get a new puppy soon and then everyone will be happy again!
Ah, poor Molly. Did you see it coming in the past couple of days?
No! So sorry for you and the kiddies.
Oh my gosh!!!! I'm so sorry and so sad for you guys. She was adorable. What happened??
This is SUCH a cute picture of her. And I'm at just totally SOBBING right now. Oh man....
You just need to get a replacement ASAP. I can't handle this post.
XOXO
that is so sad. they are like the last family member, whether they're the family dog for 12 years or a couple of months. Was she sick?
She was fine up until about a week and half ago, when she had a couple of days where she laid around and seemed like she didn't feel great; no energy. Then she started limping badly, and holding her front legs funny when she walked, and shaking when she walked... not all the time but it got worse the longer she was on her feet. We took her to the vet last Saturday and the vet had no idea what it was. Did x-rays which showed no obvious problems. The vet referred us to a veterinary neurologist; thought it must be a neurological problem because of the shaking and the lack of any other explanation. We didn't want to get into the expense of specialized veterinary medicine (consultation, testing, treatment) which may or may not have helped her. It was so sad to see her, unable to run around and play like a normal puppy. She didn't make any improvement during the week (we thought she might get better on her own) and then yesterday took a turn for the worse; she didn't eat much and could hardly walk. So, it had to be done today; it would not have been fair to let her live in that condition any longer. Looking back, she always did a little shaking which we attributed to the cold or nervousness (it was very chilly here the week of Christmas), but now I think it was a symptom of her neurological issues. But she was such a sweetie. Even only having had her for three weeks, we were very attached.
We are going to get a new puppy ASAP... definitely another lab; probably another female chocolate lab. And she just might be named Juno.
I've been crying a lot this week (especially yesterday and today) but I have no doubt that we did the right thing. Trying to keep busy today is helping, so that I'm not constantly reminded by seeing her crate, food, toys, bowls, etc.
Thanks for all your kind words and I'll let you know as soon as we get Juno 2.0 :)
I am so sorry. When you told me yesterday, I was hoping she might grow out of it. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
so sad. I'm sorry.
We are sad for you all.
Sorry about your pup. She was beautiful.
Three days later, and it makes me so sad to see her picture. It was surreal petting her as she took her last breath. :(
Post a Comment