Me and the Mr. are going to a concert in a couple weeks and I'm SO excited. There aren't very many bands I like well enough to spend that kind of money on; the cost of the cd is usually the most they'll get out of me. But there are few I don't mind forking out a little more cash for, and I've never regretted it. (My only regrets are the shows I haven't gone to but could/should have!) On April 28 we're going to see Air, who I've never seen live but love their music and am right now listening to their latest, Pocket Symphony (pictured).
Coincidentally (because we married-with-children types rarely bother to go to concerts anymore), I happen to have tickets to another show, this one MUCH bigger, in June... that would be the Police. I loved listening to the Police when I was about 15 and I saw Sting in concert that year... it was a good show but I like the old Police tunes much better than any of Sting's solo stuff. So, when I heard they were doing a reunion tour, I had to buy tickets, even if they cost an arm and a leg... and even if it's just going to be a hit-singles playlist and even if my seats are... terrible. My cool little brother is going too; he's been to more concerts than anyone I know, and although he isn't a gigantic Police fan, he knows history in the making when he sees it!
(3 posts in one day; yikes! I had to keep going while I was on a roll...)
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Concert-goer
Labels:
concerts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I don't really want to comment because I'm feeling a little envious...
You may remember a post on my blog about how much I wanted to go see the Police. And then I had to work at the stinkin' preschool the morning tickets went on sale...
Well, there's always Ebay... you know, if I come into some money...
Hey you know, I did buy two pairs of tickets and you could've bought one from me! Zac already said he wants them. If Aaron doesn't want to go, you could go on my other ticket :) It's not until June though; plenty of time for planning.
Post a Comment