Friday, April 6, 2007

Eggs

Tonight we will be doing traditionally dyed hard-boiled eggs with the kids, but this afternoon Noah & worked on these little numbers... decopaged, blown eggs. I was experimenting with different materials so that's why most of them don't "match" but once I select a theme, or scheme, then I will make many more. They will either hang with ribbons from a little tree, or be displayed in a little basket as a centerpiece. An option we haven't tried is starting with dyed eggs so the background is a color other than white. So, these aren't my proudest accomplishment but a fun afternoon activity during Easter time. Kinda cute, no?
P.S. I know I'm showing up back from my hiatus a little early... apparently I cannot predict myself and should have made no announcement at all!
Important Update!
I neglected to give MAD PROPS to my sista Kate who"came up" with this fab idea... actually Martha Stewart came up with it but Kate SAW it on her show.
PS Kate have you done more of yours? If so please post a pic! I'm sure they'll look way better than mine! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Those looks great, Sara. How crafty you are -- Martha Stewart would be so proud.

Kate said...

Nice job. Those look super. I just am a little suprised that there is no mention of ME and how I came up with this whole idea! :) It's okay... you've already admitted to being a copycat.

Kate said...

Okay, I was really totally kidding about wanting some credit... and now this is just a little embarrassing. :) Really your eggs look great. I'll take a picture of mine when I finish a few more.

Kate said...

Okay, enough comments from me already... but I meant to mention that I tried decoupaging some of the colored eggs. First of all, blowing out the colored eggs if fine... but when you rinse out the eggs, the dye also runs. I tried to be so careful, but the eggs ended up looking pretty bad.

And THEN decoupaging the colored eggs was also a mess because the color bleeds into the goo... and it's just a mess and not very pretty.

So my advice is just to STICK WITH WHITE!